Hey, I’m Charlie!
First of all, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to take a look at my page. I know there is a sea of talented photographers out there so picking someone must be really difficult! Hopefully you like my photos but when it comes to choosing a wedding photographer, I think it is always a gut decision. This is why I try and make sure we meet for coffee so you can have a chat and get to know me before you make any choices at all. I won’t try and force you into making your mind up there and then or give you a big sales pitch but it’s always fun just to chat about your wedding day – and of course you’re welcome to ask me anything!
My style is incredibly laid back and relaxed. I want you to have fun and enjoy your wedding day; you don’t want to look back and regret spending too much time with your photographer and not with your family and friends! Generally I just try to blend in and concentrate on photographing all those fun, emotional and special moments which will capture the real spirit of your day.You might not notice me, but rest assured your day will be thoroughly documented! I don’t limit the number of photos I give to you when I’ve finished editing either so you know you won’t be missing any gems – you’ll get every single one of the good photos!
When it comes to getting the best photos on the day, I think it’s all about striking a balance. As I said, I don’t want to take over or interrupt you too much, but equally I don’t want to miss any moments for some absolute killer shots. I love couples who are happy to try something new, and maybe run out for 5 minutes in between courses of the wedding breakfast because the light is just PERFECT (every photographer goes a bit mad when it hits golden hour). I try not to give any cheesy prompts or poses, but just focus on getting those moments which are just really “you”. And please excuse all the weird positions I get in to while I’m trying to grab the perfect photo!
Your photographer is going to be there on one of the most important days of your life so it is important to get to know each other and make sure you feel comfortable. I’m not great at talking about myself, but here are some bullet points about me so hopefully I sound like a good fit for you:
- I love to travel. Italy is currently my favourite place to visit but there are SO many on my bucket list
- I eat out too much. Bristol is so amazing for restaurants. I’m currently trying to make a list of all the best pizza places in the city.
- I really like good horror films. I also like really bad horror films.
- I spend a LOT of time in board game cafes. Settlers of Catan (and it’s many expansion packs) is a current favourite. I’m trying to build my own collection.
- I’m a sucker for a good American sitcom. Parks and Rec is my all time fave.
- I ADORE animals (who doesn’t?). My boyfriend and I currently live with our enormous tomcat affectionately known as Thompson, and my adorable little crested gecko called Laszlo (they do not get on). I dream of having a huge fluffy dog as well.
- I’m really interested in ancient history. I actually have a degree in it, before I did a massive detour and ended up as a photographer!
- My favourite food is cheese, in all it’s varieties. Or any food with cheese on or in it.
- I do love music, but I will literally listen to anything from emo to techno with a large chunk of indie pop in the middle. I will never get bored of cheesy 90s music either.
That’s probably enough from me. Please get in touch if you would like to hear any more from me or if you just want to tell me about your wedding!
Devon Contemporary Photography
Our team of wedding photographers Bristol also provide affordable wedding photography, event photography and engagement shoots in the Devon area. For more information please visit Devon Contemporary Photography.
Friends of Bristol Contemporary Photography
As wedding photographers, we work with many amazing individuals and companies to make your wedding day the best day possible. Here is who we work with to help us to deliver our promise of truly memorable wedding photos.
Wedding ideas and inspiration
Explore my wedding ideas, wedding inspiration and more on my Pinterest page.